How do I show valid extras in Messages

• Ross
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
8 years 5 months ago #20765 by Ross
Hi Rob,

How can I show valid (i.e extras with values greater than 0) extras ONLY in my messages using tokens?

I would like to, along with the resource and resource price, also list the extras and costs of each extra, in my messages to my client.

Is there a way to do this easily?

Thanks,
Ross.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #20766 by Rob
Replied by Rob on topic How do I show valid extras in Messages
The token system replaces the token with the value stored in the booking.

As 0 is a valid indicator that the customer chose to not add that extra, it is shown.

A single line of code can be used to hide the token and not show a 0 however, as the token system can only deal with tokens, any label text you have placed in the message will stay in the message. The token system has no ability to remove text from your message.

To have ABPro remove the token and not show a 0 for an Extra, edit file:
\administrator\components\com_rsappt_pro3\sendmail_pro2.php

Around line 537 look for:
$msg_text = str_replace("[".$extra->extras_label."]", $extra_item_qty, $msg_text);

Add red code immediately before that line:
if($extra_item_qty == 0){$extra_item_qty = "";}
$msg_text = str_replace("[".$extra->extras_label."]", $extra_item_qty, $msg_text);
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Rob.

• Ross
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
8 years 5 months ago #20767 by Ross
Replied by Ross on topic How do I show valid extras in Messages
Hi Rob,

Thanks for this code.

One question, if I have a list of all my extras coded in my message, each on a different line, under each other (see below), how can I change the code to delete a extra and it's line, in the message with a "0"?

For example:
...message...
Extra 1 (0)
Extra 2 (0)
Extra 3 (1)
Extra 4 (0)

I would like it to appear like this below, after the code is executed:-
...message...
Extra 3 (1)

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Ross.

• Ross
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
8 years 5 months ago #20768 by Ross
Hi Rob,

Sorry, I think you answered my question in your previous response. Is this correct?

Ross.

More
8 years 5 months ago #20769 by Rob

I would like it to appear like this below, after the code is executed:-
...message...
Extra 3 (1)

Is this possible?

No, that is not possible, sorry.

• Ross
  • Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
8 years 5 months ago #20770 by Ross
I had a look at the tokens at the bottom of the Global message.

Is there a [extras_price_total] token or any other tokens not listed that can be used with extras, apart from the actual extra label?

Thanks,
Ross.

More
8 years 5 months ago #20771 by Rob
The total sum or the extras costs are not stored in the booking directly, but the total is calculated in the token parsing, and can be displayed with the token [extras_total]

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Just thought I'd pass along some positive feedback from my client:
"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

Anyways, great to be back here "
roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013