• Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Technology is our friend
More
4 years 11 months ago #25609 by Steve Klund
question on: Export Setup screen HowTo was created by Steve Klund
Have what may be a silly question on the HowTo for exporting data

1> Can multiple exports be configured?
2> Is there a 'default' setting to reset to original?

I want to export very basic items from the Frount Desk View. Is this tool using something like Velocity Reports to handle all the joins of tables? If I try my luck with changing the query and it does not work as planned I would like a way to set it back to a default (if there is one).

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #25610 by Rob
Replied by Rob on topic question on: Export Setup screen HowTo
No on both questions, sorry.

You setup the Export and that is what gets sent out.
There is no facility to have multiple exports or restore to a 'default'.

The export setup How-To is here..
appointmentbookingpro.com/how-to/289-export-setup-screen.html

It has no support for user created sql queries.

Is this tool using something like Velocity Reports to handle all the joins of tables?

No.
It's just a method of specifying what you want exported.

The data is all in SQL tables, but 3rd party tools are generally ineffective as many tables are non-normalized.
To support the concept of unlimited udfs, a single booking row may associate with many udf rows, so a simple join will not give you the result you require.
The code for the ABPro export does quite a bit if intermediate processing to get the end result.
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Rob.

• Steve Klund
  • Steve Klund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
4 years 11 months ago #25611 by Steve Klund
Replied by Steve Klund on topic question on: Export Setup screen HowTo
Thanks so much for the clarification. Just to confirm what I think you said regarding my removing existing data from the query.

I can always add it back it, and, if I take a screenshot of each section, and move data back in, ordering the original, it will in essence be reset to 'default'.

More
4 years 11 months ago #25612 by Rob
Replied by Rob on topic question on: Export Setup screen HowTo

I can always add it back it, and, if I take a screenshot of each section, and move data back in, ordering the original, it will in essence be reset to 'default'.

Yes, that would work.

• Steve Klund
  • Steve Klund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
4 years 11 months ago #25613 by Steve Klund
Replied by Steve Klund on topic question on: Export Setup screen HowTo
Thank you very much!

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Just thought I'd pass along some positive feedback from my client:
"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

Anyways, great to be back here "
roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013