• David Goode
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 6 months ago #26485 by David Goode
Make a resource date specific was created by David Goode
Hi all,

My client loves this extension and I am sure it can do so much more than we are using it for. I need some advice please.

We use the time slots as one hour on the hour. For school half-term my client wants to change time-slots to one hour on the half-hour.

My thought process was second resource with new time slots. This causes an issue for us.

Due to COVID-19 the appointments are actually arrival slots for a visitor attraction. Each slot has a maximum limit to try and ease flow through the day. The set up is that we disable all dates before today (allows for last minute attendees if places available). And disable all dates after 14 days, to give a maximum booking window of 2 weeks.

If we just swap the resources over at 9th October for example then we have a problem because the pre-booking will allow people to book 09:30 slots when the attraction will only have that slot from 23rd October. So we need to have the on-the-hour resource available and the on-the-half-hour resource available which will cause confusion.

Can we force the customer to choose their date and then display the correct resource for that date? If so then how do we do it? I only have a few days before we need to implement this or find an alternative solution to make this work for customers.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Kind regards
David

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #26486 by Rob

• David Goode
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 6 months ago #26487 by David Goode
Replied by David Goode on topic Make a resource date specific
Hi Rob,

Thanks for that. I had already set that up but saw that the disable dates functionality would be lost, thereby losing our two week booking window. (Thinking here about next year and earlier warning of changes).

I already set up Book Offs to disable the standard hourly resource for the same dates so technically it works from an appointment perspective so we have to live with the lost window. It is only for a week so that isn't too bad.

Thanks for the prompt response.

David

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Just thought I'd pass along some positive feedback from my client:
"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

Anyways, great to be back here "
roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013