More
3 months 4 weeks ago #26536 by Chris DeWitt
incorrect amout due after deposit was created by Chris DeWitt
I'm having customers pay a desposit of $150 via paypal

When the math is completed its shorted by $300

So the appointment is 500
there is a extra 125

total is $625

Requied deposit is $150 paid via paypal.

But the amount due changes to $325 but shoud really be $475

Is there a way to correct this behavior.

Website is wetnwildhottunrental.com

Thanks for taking a look at this problem for me

Joomla! 3.8.1 — © 2017 www.ShakopeeSprinklers.com
Appointment Booking Pro RC2
PHP 7.0.24

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 months 4 weeks ago - 3 months 4 weeks ago #26537 by Rob
Replied by Rob on topic incorrect amout due after deposit
I just setup a test with the same numbers and all appears to be getting processed correctly.

Does your booking screen show the correct numbers?
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 months 4 weeks ago by Rob.

• Chris DeWitt
  • Chris DeWitt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #26563 by Chris DeWitt
Replied by Chris DeWitt on topic incorrect amout due after deposit
Sorry about the delay in getting back, here is a screen shot.

The total is $830
deposit is $150
balance due should be $680

PHP 7.0.24
Attachments:

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #26564 by Rob
Can you reproduce at will?
Are numbers correct on the booking screen?
I am unable to reproduce any incorrect behavior here.

• Chris DeWitt
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #26565 by Chris DeWitt
yes the booking screen is working fine. The math gets messed up once they pay the $150 deposit via paypal.

It's been a issue for while but more people, I checked if the customer doesn't finish the payment with paypal it keeps the correct amount.

But once the payment goes thru paypal, that is when it happens to loose the extras for the booking.

This a unfinished check out via paypal,

PHP 7.0.24
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Chris DeWitt.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #26566 by Rob
?? Do you have multiple Extras on each order?

• Chris DeWitt
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
3 months 1 week ago #26588 by Chris DeWitt
Yes there is Extra Night Rental for $100
Extra Mileage For $3.00 a mile
And Delivery Fee of $125

PHP 7.0.24

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #26590 by Rob
I am seeing issues with multiple Extras on a single PayPal transaction.
This makes no sense as the IPN code just takes the stored total due and subtracts the deposit. Extras do not have anything to do with the PayPal IPN calculation.

I will investigate further.
Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Rob.

More
3 months 1 week ago #26591 by Rob
Upon further testing, the issue I am seeing is that PayPal seems to be making multiple IPN calls.

When I check immediately after the booking, the totals are correct.
If I check a couple of minutes later, I am then seeing Duplicate Transaction messages in the log and the deposit is getting deducted again.

This is PayPal behavior I have not encountered before.

I will look into how I can fix it but at this point I have no solution.

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #26595 by Rob
There are a couple of problems here.

The totals fix, when using PayPal to collect a deposit, should be to edit file:
\components\com_rsappt_pro3\payment_processors\paypal\paypal_ipn.php

At line 271, look for:
$payment_adjustment = " booking_due = booking_due - ".$mc_gross." , booking_deposit = ".$mc_gross." ";
Change to:
$payment_adjustment = " booking_due = booking_total - ".$mc_gross." , booking_deposit = ".$mc_gross." ";

The second issue is PayPal doing multiple IPN callbacks.

I have not been able to figure this one out.
This is likely the cause of PayPal seeing too many IPN fails and disabling people's IPN.
( appointmentbookingpro.com/forum/support-...ssues-new.html#26500 )

## UPDATE ##
The issue appears an error in the communication between PayPal and ABPro causing the IPN data correctly being transmitted to ABPro BUT PayPal still seeing it as a failure.
It's possible the method of talking to PayPal used by ABPro may no longer work, as their sample code all uses a different method now :(
A re-write of the PayPal IPN code may be the only solution. Done in RC 14
Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Rob.

More
3 months 1 week ago #26601 by Rob
Additional - re totals..

Line 270 change this..
if(floatval($res_request->booking_due ) > floatval($mc_gross)){
to this..
if(floatval($res_request->booking_total) > floatval($mc_gross)){

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Just thought I'd pass along some positive feedback from my client:
"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

Anyways, great to be back here "
roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013