Front Desk Admin page - How to access from Content Article

• Chris Jones
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
3 years 3 months ago #26629 by Chris Jones
I am implemting a new Joomla template (provided by Nicepage - nicepage.com/ . When I set up the Front-Desk Admin menu using the Joomla menu system, it merely displays the site Home page. There is apparently a way to display content using HTML or PHP code within an article that will use the Nicepage template, but I am struggling to work out how to do this.

How would you suggest that this is to be done?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #26630 by Rob

When I set up the Front-Desk Admin menu using the Joomla menu system, it merely displays the site Home page.

Are you using a 3rd party SEO plugin? If so you will need to tell it to ignore ABPro.
ABPro only works with Joomla's built in SEO.

• Chris Jones
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
3 years 3 months ago #26631 by Chris Jones
So far as I am aware, I am not using anything other than what is provided by Joomla.

My issue is that Nicepage does not appear to allow menu items to operate that do not get created by Nicepage.

More
3 years 3 months ago #26632 by Rob
Sorry, I have no knowledge of Nicepage.

Can you create a menu to call the booking screen?

If the issue is only with the Front Desk, maybe it s a permissions issue.(??)
Are you creating the Front Desk in a menu behind a login so only staff can access?

• Chris Jones
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
3 years 3 months ago #26633 by Chris Jones
I can create a menu item to call the booking screen, but within the Nicepage template all it does is to call the home page.

Nicepage does have a way to call other features using either HTML or PHP, one of which may be the way to go. I just need some guidance on how to access the Front Desk Admin page. Then I can work out how to restrict it to administrators before adding the existing database into this site.

More
3 years 3 months ago #26634 by Rob

to access the Front Desk Admin page

The Front Desk must be called via a Joomla menu as it uses menu parameters. There is no other way to call or access the Front Desk.

I suppose you could create a Joomla menu, then use the URL that Joomla creates.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Just thought I'd pass along some positive feedback from my client:
"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

Anyways, great to be back here "
roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013