• Steve Klund
  • Steve Klund's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Technology is our friend
More
2 years 7 months ago #26829 by Steve Klund
how to prevent "locked" requests table was created by Steve Klund
As our user base grows, I'm finding a greater need to manually unlock the my_sv_apptpro3_requests table which appears
in the Joomla -> Site -> Maintenance -> Global check-in.

The Joomla help file gives this explanation:

"If a file remains locked when no one is editing it, it must have been closed improperly.
Using the Global Check-in, you can unlock all Checked-out items all over your Joomla site
so that they can be editable again."

The only time people complain is when attempting to make a change on the "Appointment Admin - Booking Detail" page
and they are unable to do so. I will then conduct the "Global Check-in to clear the lock.

When I show staff how to use the system, I stress if they are on the Booking Detail page, to see what they need to see,
edit what they need to edit, then click on Save Changes or cancel (depending if changes were made, to close the page.
Do not keep this page open.

So my question is.... The Joomla help file says "it must have been closed improperly".
What will keep a lock on this page?
Closing correctly would mean selecting Save Changes / cancel then get off the page.
If I never close the page, that would block someone else from editing.
What else will cause a lock somewhere on the my_sv_apptpro3_requests table?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #26830 by Rob
Replied by Rob on topic how to prevent "locked" requests table

If I never close the page, that would block someone else from editing.

Yes.
Closing the page unlocks it.

What else will cause a lock somewhere on the my_sv_apptpro3_requests table?

Nothing that I am aware of.

• Steve Klund
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
2 years 7 months ago #26831 by Steve Klund
Replied by Steve Klund on topic how to prevent "locked" requests table
Oki Doki
Thanks for confirming my thoughts. Guess I'll add that to my "broken record speeches" to edit / look/ save/ GET OUT.

Thanks again!

• Steve Klund
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
2 years 7 months ago #26832 by Steve Klund
Was just thinking.... is there a way to block access to the Appt Admin-Booking Detail page from the Reception desk page?
Hate to resort to that.. but if folks continue to lock pages, maybe I can get their attention by restricting access to the ABPro Admin page

More
2 years 7 months ago #26833 by Rob
Replied by Rob on topic how to prevent "locked" requests table
No, the purpose of the Reception Desk is to allow staff to manage bookings.

• Steve Klund
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
2 years 7 months ago #26834 by Steve Klund
The good news is,,, this is a great feature!
The bad news is,,,,, things do not work due to self-inflected actions..

Thanks for verifying what I had thought.

The true problem remains PBCAK (problem between chair and keyboard)

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

Just thought I'd pass along some positive feedback from my client:
"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

Anyways, great to be back here "
roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

"All of us are excited about our new online booking!! Shanyn & Chelsea said it’s “fun”; even I’m getting the hang of it!  There are still a few glitches so we’re having another meeting on Tuesday - but all of us are thrilled!  Thank you! Thank you!"

The "glitches" they mentioned are all minor and I've tweaked a few settings and answered a few questions to address them. Overall they're very happy. "
Chris C

"Hi, im back 
 After using appbooking pro for 3 years successfully i have tried another booking system for a new site that was more expensive, promised a lot but full of errors and the developers wanted to suck the $$ for every little request.

roll82

"thanks for all the help you have given me over the past few months. We have managed to get the system to work so that multiple businesses around the country can log into our website and manage appointments for their own businesses through the ABPro System."

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013

Chris C

"Hi, im back 

roll82

owen_molloy October 2013