Caution: The following procedure will replace your existing ABPro with a newer version. Any code changes you have made will be lost and must be re-added manually.
Moving from ABPro 2.0.x/Joomla 2.5 to ABPro 3/Joomla 3
To migrate settings and data from 2.x to 3:
- Make a backup of your ABPro 2.x using ABPro's backup
- Copy _backup tables to your Joomla 3 server ** see link below
- Use ABPro 3's 'Restore from an ABPro 2 backup' option.
Moving from one beta to the next ( or 2.0 to 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 to 2.0.3 etc ):
- Go to the ABPro Control Panel and select Backup/Restore. Do a 'Backup' - this will save all your current settings and stuff. The screen will show everything it backs up. When complete (a few seconds) scan down the screen to ensure everything looks ok. You may see errors if you are not using some features. For example if you are not using User Credit, it may report no user credit table to backup.
- Uninstall old, install new.
- Go to the ABPro Control Panel and select Backup/Restore. Do a 'Restore' - this will put back all your settings. It will again, show everything it is restoring and only take a couple of seconds. Scan down the screen to check that it looks ok.
If your are upgrading to 2.0.3 (or higher) and use categories, on the ABPro Restore screen select the option 'Backfill Category IDs'. Also, you will need to re-assign your resources to categories as the category/resource relationship has changed to support assigning a resource to more that one category.
Note 1: The backup/restore does not currently retain the CSS file across an uninstall/reinstall so if you have made changes to the ABPro CSS you will need to manually backup/restore the file 'sv_apptpro.css'
Note 2: When you uninstall then reinstall, the component id changes so you need to open each ABPro menu item, in the Joomla Admin Menu system, then just save again.
Note 3: If upgrading to 2.0.3 from a previous version see also http://appointmentbookingpro.com/component/kunena/18-errors-and-error-messages/10040-broken-image-links.html?Itemid=0#10040
When upgrading a production site, it is advised you backup your entire site with AkeebaBackup, or a similar product, to safeguard against data loss should unforeseen problems arise.
Moving from 1.4.x to 2.0 (Joomla 1.5)
ABPro 2.0 uses different tables so you install 2.0 without uninstalling 1.4.x.
Use the ABPro 2.0 Backup/Restore screen's 'Import From 1.4.x' function to bring data from 1.4.x over to 2.0.
Note: ABPro 2.0 has TWO confirmation messages, one for the customer and one for admin. When you upgrade the message to admin will get blanked out. You will need to go in and create a new one or admin will get blank confirmations.
ABPro Control Panel | Configure | Messages tab.
Moving from 1.4.x to 2.0 (Joomla 2.5)
Note: Any code changes you made to ABPro will need to be re-applied after an upgrade. This includes How-To changes and language specific changes.